Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day Sixteen: Metallic epic-ness

Photobucket
Today's challenge Metallic, Awesome! 
I had recently received in the post my new OPI "goldeneye" nail polish... 
I thought perfect, I can show it off in the metallic challenge! 


Boy did I change my mind... I had decided I wanted to use both gold and silver.. and since I liked my new gold more I would do a slightly uneven design and split the colours on my ring fingers and thumbs... 
I painted the silver (a BYS pretty cheap one) and thought, right, now to add the gold...

I began painting with 'Goldeneye' (and don't get me wrong I like this polish) but it totally didn't match! 



I was a bit concerned as I didn't have many other gold's... I had 'gold get 'em' from Revlon, but that was much too sheer for my design...
In the end I accidentally picked up my gold shatter...
I remembered a friend saying that if you don't paint shatter on top of another nail polish it doesn't shatter...
This being said I thought, hey why not try...
So removed my base coat and painted my nails, and wa-lah...

Gold and Silver Manicure. With Studs. 

Watch out for my nail-art-spam...
you like?










And check out all our fellow bloggers! 


3 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I love that you did the black stripe down the middle, it makes the studs stand out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! that looks really cool with the black stripe and the studs :) x

    ReplyDelete